A striking dish combining spicy, salty, and savoury. HVOC's Chilli Olive Oil provides plenty of warmth, while the chorizo adds a salty and slightly smoky flavor. The prawn flesh is sweet and adds a subtle seafood taste to the dish. The end result is a delicious and satisfying pasta dish that is sure to impress.
- 500g linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons HVOC chilli olive oil
- 250g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 8-10 large prawns, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Grated parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
- Cook the linguini in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the chilli olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chorizo slices to the pan and cook until crispy and browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic to and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the prawns to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the prawns are pink and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the chorizo and prawns. Toss to combine.
- Divide the mixture among serving plates and sprinkle with fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese, if using. Serve immediately. Enjoy!