Our lemon olive oil cake has a bright flavor, with a tender and moist texture. The olive oil provides a mild fruity taste with a lemon citrus twist. The combination of these two flavors creates a unique and delicious taste that is both light and satisfying.
- 250ml HVOC Lemon Olive Oil
- 300g granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 300g self-raising flour
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300g whole milk
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) cake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the lemon olive oil to the egg mixture, whisking continuously.
- Stir in the lemon juice and zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour to the wet mixture, alternating with the milk mixture, until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the cake as is, or top with a sprinkle of icing sugar Enjoy!